Google Analytics Integration
Hi Trengo Community,
It would be really nice to have some (basic) Google Analytics Integration.
It could look like this:
- we supply a Google Analytics Account Number (UA-xxxxxxx....-y)
- you push some events into google Analytics like (example):
- Category = Trengo Chat
- Action = Start Chat
- Label = [label] (or wathever other relevant information)
In Google Analytics we could see:
- and all other session data so we can use this to understand the impact of the chat within the session (for example Transactions).
This would be great and it would be great as others within this community like this as well :)..
At this moment you can create a Google Analytics integration using our API (https://developers.trengo.com), however we are planning to build an official integration. As for now this feature has no deadline or planning, but I will keep you up to date if there's an update!
The new integration with Google Analytics for the widget is live.
If you navigate to Settings > Website widget > click on the widget you want to edit, under the general settings you now see "Send events to Google Analytics".
Activate this feature and save the widget to activat this.
Note: it is important that the Google Analytics (UA) tracking code is placed in your website in order to trace Widget events.
The results in Google Analytics can be found in Behavior > events under the name "Trengo widget".
Currently, it is tracked:
- When the widget is opened;
- When a chat has been started;
- When someone sends a chat reply;
- When a customer fills in their email address in the "Show always as available feature";
- When the chat has been closed by the agent;
- When a customer opens another channel in the widget;
- When the widget has been closed;
- If the chat is online.