Import profiles: email (contact) and phone number (contact)

Problem: we have a list of customers with email and phone number(s). We'd like to import both to trengo. We can only import phone numbers via SMS -> Import contacts.

Solution: enhance currently "import contacts" to support creating "Contacts" and "Profiles" at the same time.

15replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Thanks for sharing Sergio! 

Currently this is not a feature we offer, but we do have these features within our API (https://developers.trengo.com).

Like 1
    • Tamara Berner thx. Eventually via Zapier could be an intermediate power user solution. Do you have plans for an official Zapier integration?

• Sergio Legrant  Not yet, but we're planning on creating one soon! As soon as there's more information about the Zapier integration, I'll keep you posted in our Community! See also this request: https://talk.trengo.com/t/63ccjt/trengo-connection-with-zapier I suggest to like and follow it to receive information updates about this ingegration. 

• I don't know how to use the api and I do not know how to use Zappier. How can I import contacts including custom fields.

• Pascal Geusen At this moment we do not offer another import feature. You could check with a developer on your end if he can help you establish this. 

• I understand that the feature to import contact is currently not available. It would be very help full to develop this feature!

• Definitely needed. This is the first feature a business would need moving to a new system.

Like 1
  • Stephen King  I noticed you had a similar wish! Please tag on to this topic, to make sure you don't miss out on any updates!

• Tamara Berner thank you! Got someone to API them in so that’s fine. Would love to see custom fields be able to be selected in zapier though 😀

Like 1
    • Stephen King Awesome, thanks for sharing. I think the wish for custom fields in zapier has been announced in another topic already, correct? 

• Hi, we are changing to Trengo if we can get the old emails in. This is indeed the first thing a new costumer like to do before changing. The Help Center articles would be nice to import to, so we don´t need to make them again.

Can anyone explain how to do it?
    Or if there is somebody that we can hire to do it?

• Martin Svendsen Hi Martin, if you email us to team@trengo.com we might now a developer who an help you with this!

• Tamara Berner hi, i send to the Team email. Thank you Tamara.

Like 1
  • This topic is sort of related to what I've been inquiring about to Trengo's support team. If we integrate a shopping cart, that would have customers new and old with both email and phone numbers, could we sync them to Trengo and automatically create a profile that included both their email and phone so when the customer reached out to us, we'd already know who they were?

• Michael Thank you for your input. You can do this via the API by first creating contacts and then profiles.

Like 1
Like6 Follow
  • 6 Likes
  • 2 wk agoLast active
  • 15Replies
  • 169Views
  • 9 Following